A daily journal on the thoughts, events, and happenings within the lives of those found inside Her Majesty's walls.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Kenny Always Said...

I sit here restless.

Looking over pictures, reading notes, and waiting for more videos to be uploaded, I’m soothed by the words Mr. Kensrue that have found their way to repeat, “fly over me.”

He’s right you know, months do fly by. As I reflect over even the past four months of my own life I am looking at many different people from start to finish. I mean I - or he for the sake of clarity – is the same person, but he’s a little different same person.

I look back and find different life changing moments, some hard some easy, but all of them necessary.

Four months.

How many more times am I allowed to look back and reflect over four months?

If I could lay out my dreams, my goals, and most of all my perspective on life, there would be a dramatic difference between what was then, and what is now.

And yet the roots never change.

Hope. Dreams. Restoration. Belief.

It’s interesting how in four months I feel the most human I have ever felt, and that is the most relieving feeling. I think it feels like home. Home; a place where we love to invite friends, forget to clean, am blessed to have, and is forever moving.

No need to hide. No forced smile. Honest responses. Not that those things were plagues in my life prior, but they definitely found themselves as retro buttons on my black velvet jacket.

"You will spread your wings one day. Fly over me."

Dustin really does now how to express himself.

"Fly over me."

Let’s learn to fly.

I want to fly forever.

Meet me there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have had to go through some hard and easy life changing moments. It shapes us into who we become.
It may be hard to go through those difficult moments, but we come out stronger on the other side.
Keep writing my friend, you have a way of encouraging people!!